Saturday, April 16, 2016

I am Single because Mr. Right is nowhere :)

Nowadays, I've been so busy attending friends and colleagues wedding ceremonies and their children's baptism & birthday. I have been reconnecting to a group of friends only to find myself cannot connect to their topics - married life, plans for their family's future, monthly bills, kids education, etc.

But the funny-sad things about this reunion is that they always find me all by myself carrying a bag loaded with answers to their unending questions: "When will you get married?", "Where is your Mr. Right?", "When will we be meeting your Mr. Swerte?", "Where is he, the one you been dating for awhile?", "Aren't you being so picky?" and so on. Next to this is their wanna-be-cupid styles, expect a lot of recommended gentlemen from them. More often, they accused me of being a 'Picky Woman', a 'Hopeless Lover' and an 'Undecided Creature'.


Okay. So here it is. I am an average woman and I am also wooed by a lot guys since then. Naks!.. It's not that they didn't fit my standard (standard doesn't matter if you fall in love), it's just that all those times, I never find myself being ready of the so-called romantic relationship they asked from me. I think it's unfair for the guy and for myself if I venture on something I am not sure of. And I am not the type of a person who just settle, I believe that to love and to be loved is one of the most important factor in every relationship.

Years had passed and so is my immaturity. I met these guys, became friends and started dating. Later on, stop wooing, leaving me hanging with goodbye words: "You deserve someone better", "You're better with someone worth it." and the like.

So I ended up still single and it seems like forever. But as long as forever (with God)  is here, I will still be waiting for the right person. A man who doesn't think that I deserve someone better than him. Someone who knows that every woman will be better with any man, as long as he loves her, protects her & respects her.

Today, I'm still single because Mr. Right is nowhere.



2 comments: