The morning air was great and seven mountain-climbers-wanna-be were so excited to reach Sanchez Peak, to be drowned by the sea of green, to be dozed by the morning air and to simply conquered our curiosity, fear and dream.
 |
| A beautiful view - the silhouette of Mt. Matutum. |
I knew mountain climbing is not for everyone, especially the ill and the weak. To be a mountain climber, you have to maintain a strong body, well-balanced health and a package of mental strength. And I knew somehow that for someone who does not eat meat, this activity is a big risk, but thanks to my stubborn self - the impossible became possible!
 |
| White like my jacket -.- |
It's scary how my body gave-up just a few meter of the thrill, I had experienced a sudden shortness of breath, I felt dizzy and my legs were trembling, and can't even utter a single word, my tongue lost its bones and was paralyzed as well as my eyes. Guided by my team to a big rock, I sat there fighting from falling asleep. I can't just let go of this opportunity to challenge myself from doing something I always wanted to do, if I give-up now then next time is just an impossible dream. I just can't, especially when I was already in the mountain foot, I can't just be coward and give-up on my promise to be with him. I remembered how my sister reprimanded me every-time I'm so close on giving-up
"What you are experiencing now, "itlog" lang yan compared to what you've been through before. I saw you fell so many times but stand-up again, stronger and wiser. You are not a quitter, that's how I know you."
 |
| On the rescue: Donna & Jason |
My body might be that weak but my mind is the exact opposite. I continue the thrill after I'm feeling a little bit normal. It's funny how I've done the "7 steps. Rest. 3 steps. Rest. 5 steps. Rest. 4 steps. Rest" especially when I have "Wilfe" another companion who can relate to what I am feeling and is also aiming to reach the top despite of the body condition. We laughed with ourselves as much as we struggle. I who doesn't eat meat and she who does not eat vegetables. I guess we just made a perfect duo
(haha), and our motto: "Laugh with your weak body and take a few steps closer."
 |
Take a pose! We're almost there, add a few steps closer!
|
For the love of nature, we did it! No mountain is too high for those who love nature. No thrill is too hard with those determined minds. And no body is too weak with a heart for a climb. I think everything - the struggle and hardship were there for us to have something to laugh at the top.
 |
| Donna's we did it pose :) |
 |
Edmar & Wilfe being playful at the heart of the mountain.
|
|
|
Wilfe and I on our way back; Yes! We conquered Sanchez Peak!
|
This experience has taught me a lot of lessons. So when I get home, I'll be adding more protein on my plate.
No comments:
Post a Comment